Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hello friends! Well, I'm going to give it a go with blogging updates about my trip! Not sure if that or hiking 2,600+ miles will be more challenging...just kidding. But seriously, documentation is not my strong point, and logistics aren't either...getting myself in order for this has been an big effort(even with the massive amount of generous support I have received). At this very moment I'm in my little tent, out of the rain and wind, trying to finish up little tasks and thinking of everything I could get more organized before hitting the trail at 6am tomorrow...

Huge thanks and gratitude to the many people who helped get me to this point!!! From the kind words and encouragement to information sharing, supply sharing, gifts, transportation, late night hours of food dehydrating and map printing-all of it....I am truly overwhelmed with gratitude. Thank you everyone, I will carry you in my heart!



And so it begins. A life dream from over ten years ago: a thru hike. And I ended up on the one where I get to walk back to where I started from. Through  three beautiful states hopefully filled with wonder and adventure. I'm not sure what it will all hold for me but I'm excited to find out.

I'm also hoping my Dad will be able to hike the last 100 miles with me and complete his goal from 20 years ago of section hiking the Washington portion of the PCT. Keep up that training Mom and Dad!

For anyone interested in tracking me, I will have an iridium/gps device on me. Please contact me if you would like the access info for that. I will have phone reception often enough so feel free to be in contact via text/phone/email if you like. 5 months is awhile and I would be happy to see updates from peoples lives: send my your dog photos, baby photos, travel photos, the everyday beautiful life stuff...I'd love to stay at least a little in the loop. ;-)

Also, people have asked for my addresses and I have some but am staying flexible for later dates and locations as I've never done this before and I'm not quite sure how I'll settle into it. For now a couple address are:

Hannah Sorenson
General Delivery
Mt. Laguna, CA 91948
(arriving approx 1 week from now)

Hannah Sorenson
General Delivery
Idyllwild, CA 92549
(arriving approx. May 8)


Hannah Sorenson
General Delivery
Big Bear City, CA 92314
(arriving approx May 15)

Anyone interested in more info about the trail, check out: www.pcta.org

Sending love from Southern California! xo, H

1 comment:

  1. Stay Strong Girl- SO Stoked for you to fulfill this dream !! Was so GREAT meeting you at ADZPCTKO, and for the next several hundred- I'm not far if you or any other PCT'ers need any assistance. I'll see you very soon on the trail; until then, pls be safe, stay hydrated and alert and above all else- have a blast and make time to immerse yourself in the beauty of the trail :) Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete